The land is paid for, the architects, engineers, and surveyors have come and gone. It has been an exciting first 2 months of the year! Engineering Ministries International (EMI) will have final and complete plans ready for us in 1-2 months. Here is what the next few months look like:
On or about March 15, we will:
- Start clearing the land
- Hire a construction supervisor and construction crew
- Begin hauling sand, gravel, and cement to the site
- Begin making 20,000 concrete bricks (Yes, we make our own bricks!)
When that is complete, Phase I construction will consist of:
- Constructing the access road
- Constructing the high school
- Constructing the Health Center/Entrepreneurship and Discipleship building
- Constructing the fish pond and the hydroponic farming areas
We are excited! There is a big job ahead of us: the challenge is great. We hope that you will join us on this path to create the next generation of godly leaders for Liberia. We need your help!
The cost of Phase I is estimated to be $150,000. You have been faithful friends, and we know that you will continue to walk this path with us. Here is what you can do:
- Donate. Your tax-deductible donation will help push this project through to completion. Consider a monthly gift in a smaller amount that will add up to be
larger than you might have been able to give in a single donation.
- Tell your friends and family about this project.
- Does your church have a relationship with CLTI, or would they like to have one? Could you speak with your mission board or your governing board and see if they could take a retiring offering for the CLTI Building Fund? Would a short, 5-minute video about the project be of benefit? Would your church like to arrange for a visit from Sei and Yah in the Fall? Please let us know what we can do to help you and your congregation be participants in this ministry.
- Are you on Facebook or LinkedIn? If so, please “Like” us or “Connect” with us. Please “Share” our posts. Reaching new people is one of the most challenging aspects of fundraising, and this is an area where you, our friends, can help immeasurably.
You can donate by clicking on the “Donate” tab above, or by sending a check to the address to the right. Please designate your donation as “Building Fund.” Gifts that are not designated automatically go into the General Fund.
We ask that you keep us, and this project, in your prayers. Thank you!